Demand accountability and transparency by engaging with and rating the performance of your county legislators.
What is the role of your Governor1. The governor is in charge of the leadership of the county executive committee. 2. He/she represents the county both in national and international fora and events. 3. Making/ Approving and implementing county plans and policies. 4. Perform state functions. ?
Glad you asked
The Governor is directly elected by voters in the county during the general elections and the roles and responsibilities of a governor as enshrined in the constitution are listed below.
1. To preside over the official opening of county government.
2. To oversee the implementation of county legislation.
3. To supervise the management of county departments.
4. To appoint members of the County Executive Committees with approval from the County Assembly.
5. To chair country executive committee meetings.
We laud the candidates listed above and similar aspirants who have taken this first step towards ensuring true accountability by political representatives. We encourage all citizens to insist that the aspirants vying for their votes demonstrate their commitment by signing the pledge too.